About the Department
The City’s HR department provides services that meet the needs of the employees and the City’s mission.
Services provided by the HR department include:
- Employee relations
- Administration of benefits, workers compensation, and unemployment insurance
- Employment law compliance
- Employee classification and compensation program administration
- FMLA and ADA leave administration
- Personnel policy and procedure implementation
- Recruitment, on-boarding, and off-boarding of City employees
- Performance management administration
The City of East Grand Rapids is committed to providing its employees with a better place to work. Our employees are provided with a great work environment, opportunities for development and training, and an excellent compensation and benefits package. If you are interested in working for the City of East Grand Rapids, check out our Career Pages.