About Engineering Services
The Public Works Engineering Services staff has responsibility for the following:
- Design and construction supervision of the city’s annual capital improvement program
- The program typically includes annual street resurfacing, the sidewalk repair program, and underground city utility upgrades and replacements.
- Drainage plan reviews for any new home or home additions
- Issuance and inspection of permits relating to excavations in the public right of way by private contractors
- Maintaining the city’s engineering records, geographic information system, and submitted private property home plans
- Management and supervision of Reeds Lake annual treatment and water quality monitoring