About the Permit

Before you place or install any sign, including yard signs, please take a moment to check with the zoning administrator or the Public Works Administration Office at 616-940-4817. Some kinds of signs are allowed in certain areas without a permit, but a sign permit and even a building permits might be required, especially for commercial signs. Prohibited signs may be removed by the city and can result in other code enforcement action.