Reeds Lake Monitoring
The city conducts water sampling and analysis of the water quality of Reeds Lake biennially. The samples are taken both in the winter and summer seasons at various locations and depths of the lake. The results are reviewed by an Environmental Scientist to evaluate the lake’s condition.
- Download 2019 Reeds Lake Water Quality Report
- Download 2018 Reeds Lake Water Quality Report
- Download 2017 Reeds Lake Water Quality Report
- Download 2016 Reeds Lake Water Quality Report
- Download 2015 Reeds Lake Water Quality Report
Reeds Lake TreatmentThe city continually monitors and treats Reeds Lake to control algae and the spread of Eurasian watermilfoil, curly pondweed, purple loosestrife, and European frog-bit.
- 2020 Reeds Lake Treatment Notice
- 2020 Reeds Lake Treatment Schedule
- Frog-bit invasive species update and plan for 2019.
Flood Plain Map
Flood Plain maps are available from the Federal Emergency Management Association's website, or can be viewed the in the Public Works Department office 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.
Lower Grand River Organization of Watersheds (LGROW)
The City of East Grand Rapids is a partner with LGROW. Educational and best practice information is available at www.lgrow.org
Information about LGROW's regional lakes and stream data repository can be found here.
LGROW Landscaping Brochure
How to Report Water Pollution
Detailed information concerning these programs is available by contacting the Public Works Department.
Recycling and Hazardous Waste Disposal
For information on recycling and hazardous waste disposal in Kent County, please visit: www.recyclekent.org