If you're voting at the polls on Tuesday, Nov. 2, make sure you're prepared by:
- Verifying you are registered and your polling location at michigan.gov/vote so that you know where you’re going.
- Bringing a photo ID with you as you will be asked to produce identification when you arrive. Acceptable forms of ID are: driver’s license/ID card, federal/state ID, passport, military photo ID, high school/college ID, Tribal ID. If you don’t have an ID with you when you arrive, you can sign an affidavit and vote as usual.
- Viewing sample ballots at eastgr.org/elections so that you know what choices you'll have on your ballot.
- Avoid the precincts located at the school buildings between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. and from 2:45 to 3:45 p.m. or consider walking from home to avoid additional vehicles in the area as morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up are the busiest times at school facilities. Please drive carefully!
- Many Grand Rapids Township voters will be voting in East Grand Rapids at the High School's Performing Arts Center (Precinct 6) as they are eligible to vote on the schools' recreation millage proposal. Precinct 6 voters should park in the Bagley Street lot on the north side of the PAC and enter the building from that parking lot. Do not enter the main doors of the high school.